Saturday, December 8, 2007

B 26 AT PIMA AND HARWOOD'S ARTIFACTS.
























On Wednesday,December 5th, 2007 My son James and I came continued our adventure in Arizona by dropping by The Pima Air and Space Museum, 6000 East Valencia Road, Tucson, Arizona 85706. Mr. Andrew Boehly; Marauder Archivist. Mr. Boehly was kind enough to show my son James and I, my fathers' WWII, B26 artifacts. One canvas flight helmet, two pieces of German flak- that was pulled from his B26, one B26 clock form his ship, and three 50 Cal rounds that had been hit by said flak fragments. Furthermore, there was my fathers throat mic. Also, was a fairly large file of my fathers original WWII documents and a training manual. These phtotos are pulled from the video tape I made at this meeting.

My father, 1st LT. Theodore V. Harwood, B 26 Pilot, he had mailed these artifacts to the another museum and they had at some point been sent to the Pima archives. Mr. Andrew Boehly; Marauder Archivist, has an MA degree in museum science and undergraduate degree in History and Political science. Mr. Andrew Boehly; Marauder Archivist is very passionate about the artifacts and responsibilities at Pima. He is also sensitive to the feelings of Marauder Men and their relatives and treated my son and I very kindly and my father affects with dignity and respect.

“In Pima Air & Space Museum, where history takes flight, is one of the largest air and space museums in the world, and the largest non-government funded aviation museum. You'll see more than 275 aircraft and spacecraft including many of the most historically significant and technically advanced craft ever produced, both from the United States and throughout the world.” I took fairly detailed digital, still photos and video of my dad's artifacts at the Pima Air Museum here in Tuscan, AZ . Andrew Boehly , the B 26 Archivist in Tuscan.

No comments: